Sunday, June 3, 2012

Getting Ready for the Beach! Part 1

OK Family! Time to start planning for the big, beach week. Let's move into planning the meals and activities.

So far we know we want fish, a bucket of crabs, burgers, tenderloin, Mexican, and smoked pork shoulder. That much meat will probably cover the week of meals. Maybe we should think about dividing up the side dishes only instead of the whole meal.

Activities: sparklers on the beach....roasting marshmallows..... sand castle building....night on the town (only those under 40)....games at night....what else?

Post your ideas to share.

3 comments:

  1. My Idea is the Mathis Family Olympics (copied the idea from brenner's annual family reunion). Every participant gets to pick a category, category ideas: cooking (rank meals at end of week), sand castle building competition, trivia, run a mile, golf, double nines, etc.. these are just ideas, everyone can opt out of one event. you get points based on your rank in each category, at the end of the week the winner gets a prize, maybe we could all put in $10 or so for a pot. I think it would be really fun :) I will need everyones category choice at least a week prior to the beach house so I can get everything ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christina's idea! I also like mom's meat idea, it all sounds super yummy. Tell dad to get more Red Snapper and bring it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have picked my meal for the week, flank steak fajitas and homemade salsa. Another idea, we should set up our wii at the lakehouse, can't wait to see Bill dodge the flying soccer balls again, priceless!

    ReplyDelete